Thursday, November 30, 2006

Texas Hold'em

Texas Hold'em? Interested anyone? We'll, I am. I've been playing it for a while and an opportunity to show the world what a great player I am arose. There was a Residence Hall Series of Poker tourney today and I was among the many others who are (to me) just wasting their time because I'm destined to win. =D

It was free to join and so there were about 200 students who participated. We each received 1000 bucks worth of chips and it begun. The historical event ended pretty early for me though. I was just cocking you in the first paragraph. You should have known. It's Edgar.

Because my wallet's thickness wasn't on the line, I was a big big risk taker. Raising the bets like nobody's business. I was calling bluffs as often as you blink. Blind readers are an exception. As a result, I was out the door in 30 mins. Not too bad considering this is my first tourney. But not too worry coz' there's another one next Fri. Which happens to be 3 days before my finals. =D I'm playing next Fri not because the Finals aren't a beef but because I've developed a great passion for this game of Hold'em. I vow to sacrifice masturbation to make up the time for revision.

That said, I will now proceed to brag about my new digital cam. =D It's a Kodak V570 and the retail price is 300 USD. I got a deal online for 211 bucks. Pretty sweet deal ain't it? It happens to be the first digi cam in the world with dual lens technology. An ultra wide-angle lens and a telephoto one. Forgive the jargon. I have been eying it since it was launched in Jan this year. Just to set the facts straight, I bought it because my old camera was a piece of used condom and not because I'm totally in love with the dual-lens or the 2.5 inch LCD. Please believe me! I'm a reasonable and rational person as you all know so so well.

Here's a pic of it. You can drool all you want for as long as you don't flood your keyboard bad enough to the point where you can't leave a comment.



Btw, that's me (I'm trying to put on a new look) and my gf, Valencia Crosatti.

Ok, I gotta go ...

mum n dad's version : study hard now and sleep early and eat healthy and drink alot of water.
relatives and friend's version : practice and sharpen my Hold'em skills.

Sayonara

1 comment:

Edgar Lim said...

I can send u a picture of it. =D
That's the least i could do for my beloved sister.