Sunday, November 19, 2006

Football?

Hey people...how's life? I know I haven't been posting for so long you've probably forgotten what my name is. I would like to take this opportunity to express my sincere apologies. I vow to post whenever I'm free.

So anyways, I now truly appreciate my Vios in Klang. I miss it so much I would swim across the Atlantic Ocean, run across Africa and take my chances of getting caught by Indonesian Border Patrol just to feel its steering wheel again. Just to step on its hard pedals. Just to pull its long e-brake handle. I'm like limited to going to places I can reach only by train or by foot. Whatever that's left of it since I've been walking more than Yuan YuFang for the past months.

I'm trying my best to have as much fun as I can on weekends without a car. Thank Buddha that there are a few clubs walking distance away from GT. I went to this one called Loca Luna last Friday. It was a Latin club and the live band was playing latino songs (of course). It was voted as one of the 'Top Ten Latin Clubs in America' and the cover is only 5 bucks. Lol. Unfortunately most of the crowd were middle aged men and women. I even saw a guy who could be my dead granpa. He had like white beard and shit and looked like Santa's wannabe. But there were a few hot mamacitas who were not too bad looking. I knew they were young because they had X marks on their hands. The clubs here allow ppl 18 yrs or older to get in but 21 to buy drinks. So what they do if you're > 18 & < 21 is they use a regular marker to place big 'hey look, i'm underaged' X marks on your hand. Unfortunately they can't outsmart the great Edgar who goes to the toilet and erases em' the minute he gets into the club.

On Saturday, I went to GT's last Football home game. Football is big here. Just like how soccer is to Europeans. Families would travel for hours just to come and support their teams. And when I say families, I mean children, parents and even grandparents who can hardly stand and probably need 3 pairs of glasses to see the players. But I guess that's all part of the spirit. Our team is ranked 23rd in the nation. Not too bad for a country with 1000 universities. (Mayb more)

Oh yeah, I forgotten to mention that I'm in GT's Basketball's SWARM. One of the perks of being a member is the opportunity to sit on the court at the games. All for only 20 bucks a season. =) Trust me, it means the world to a guy who loves basketball to have court side seats. I've been going for almost every home game since the season started.

Btw, do you guys know about (RED)? It's a campaign to eliminate AIDS in Africa. There are a few companies who are supporting this campaign and are allocating some of their profits towards helping those ppl in need. Visit this website if you have the time.

Out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YO E!

1. Hook yo' self up with a fake ID. You could pull off a 21.

2. Courtside??? Boy, i'm jealous!

payce!